Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Friendship

And it is now July.

I have had a five day visit from an almost life long friend and her child. A friend who has many food intolerances and allergies, who is also on a similar path to me in regards to being more simple in what is in the cupboard and using alternatives to the 'norm'. A friend I have not seen for over 2 years.

I made chocolate at home with cacao butter and cocoa.

We started a sauerkraut. Okay. Honestly my friend started sauerkraut with my daughter. I simply get to make sure it is safe for 6-8 weeks.

I got to discuss different whole food ideas, and alternatives. We looked at organic produce and different companies that promote whole foods and bulk buying with little waste.

We also talked crap. Lots of little everyday crap, and it was divine.

We walked and hung out and laughed and discussed and watched our children and connected.

It was like we have never been apart.

My children were lovely, her son was lovely. There were very few issues with them. It really made my heart sing.

And now she is back in her home, safe and hours away.

Hopefully next time we will be in her home, and time will stand still again.

Being Thankful.
Beckie

No comments: